The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A 4 year-degree (BA or BS) is preferred
- 2-5+ years of sales experience
- Mechanical ability and experience with technical products. Previous fluid systems involvement a plus
- Strong business acumen
- Aptitude for professional relationship development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Goal driven with strong work ethic and follow through
- Ability to operate both individually, as well as with the Swagelok Western New York Team
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or other CRM
- A disciplined approach and ability to self-manage your schedule in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Confidence and resilience
- Empathy, a likeable demeanor and strong listening skills
The RoleReporting to the Director of Sales, as Sales Representative, your mission will be to provide a differentiated customer experience across numerous industries including Oil & Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Semi-Conductors, Machine Builders, Aerospace, and many others. We will look to you to passionately engage our existing customers and OEMs and strive to develop future opportunities and relationships, as you also work to hunt for new business.
This is a developed and well-cared for territory that is also ripe with tremendous potential for growth. In fact, the person you are replacing is retiring after 40 years in the field! You’ll enjoy “the best of both worlds” -- a mature pipeline of existing business and plenty of untapped potential for expansion and new business.
More specifically, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Grow existing relationships
- Provide on-site customer service with Swagelok product expertise
- Offer Swagelok product selection and fluid system integration advice
- Represent and grow Swagelok services including custom fabricated solutions, welder and tool rentals, and free delivery.
- Present new and commercialized products to customers
- Offer local availability and a personalized face to the Swagelok company
- Develop new opportunities
- Cold Calling and customer visiting with following up
- Offer sales demonstrations for various Swagelok products
- Establish new accounts
- Seek new contacts at existing accounts
- Become an integral part of Swagelok culture by upholding and becoming an advocate for our core values (see the last tab for more information on our values.)
Pictured: When the world’s most respected companies want to make lasting connections, they turn to Swagelok. From high-purity fittings designed to minimize particle generation and entrapment to high-strength fittings designed to hold high pressure, Swagelok products deliver dependable, leak-tight performance.
Why Swagelok Western New YorkStrong training
You’ll partake in our 3-6 month on-boarding program where you’ll learn everything you need to hit the ground running and start closing deals. You’ll spend time shadowing other Reps, including the incumbent who is scheduled to retire later this year.
Commitment to quality
We offer the highest quality fluid system components in our market space, and we’re looking for a salesperson who can reflect our high-quality brand image by displaying the characteristics of integrity and professionalism at all times.
Swagelok is on a mission to make the world a better place. We are enabling advanced technologies and ensuring the safe operation of applications. And we’re critically evaluating our manufacturing footprint and giving back to the communities that support us.
We take pride in our collaborative culture where we all come together to support each other and strive to improve--and it's this focus that benefits both our customers and the organization.
You’ll enjoy a unique commission structure that includes an evaporated base salary plus commissions. As your relationships with your customer base develop and you gain a firm understanding of our business model, you’ll shift to a straight commission base with uncapped potential! You’ll also enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes all that you would expect (medical, dental, 401(k), etc.) and other perks such as a budget for entertainment expenses.
Pictured: As a Swagelok associate, your performance directly affects the success of the company. When people with different ideas, experiences and backgrounds collaborate to achieve common goals, the result is inspiring and beneficial.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will leverage your consultative sales skills to find fluid systems solutions that best fit the needs, applications and requirements of our customers. You should have that internal motor to move the ball, along with the energy and resilience that’s required to go after new business.
We’ve said it before but it bears repeating: because you’ll be representing the highest quality of products available, it will be essential that you are articulate, presentable and professional. You’ll interact with customers via email and face-to-face meetings, working to demonstrate our value proposition and win business. You should have the unique ability to communicate price versus cost and help our customers understand that our products are actually the lowest cost solution in the long-run because they work incredibly well for a long period of time.
It will be essential that you work hard, but have fun while doing it! Our best Sales Reps are affable, easy to be around and passionate about helping our customers.
You’ll know you’ve found success in this role if you’ve met the following key metrics within the first year:
- You have an ongoing and growing list of contacts within the CRM
- You’ve turned opportunities into sales revenue
- You’re seen as a “go-to” person for our customers and internal associates and reflect our culture in everything you do
Our Core ValuesA Vision for the Long Term
Since 1947, we have been a values-based company committed to doing the right thing in all cases. Our values orientation plays out in everything from supply chain management to engineering, manufacturing, fulfillment, and sales and service.
As a privately held company, we are not under pressure for short-term financial results. In all areas of our business, we attempt to make decisions that are in the best long-term interests of our company, associates, sales and service centers, and our customers.
Swagelok delivers high-quality fluid system solutions to customers across the globe, guided by six core values:
- Continuous improvement
- Respect for the individual
- Customer focus